The Mayor carries out his / her responsibilities within the limits determined by the Law and this Statute. The Mayor within his / her responsibilities:
1. It controls the legality of Council regulations.
2. It publishes the regulations of the Council in the Official Gazette of the Municipality.
3. Ensures the enforcement of the decisions of the Council.
4. Ensures the performance of the tasks delegated to the municipalities by law.
5. Initiates and proposes the adoption of regulations within the competence of the Council.
6. Proposes the Annual Budget and the Annual Account of the Municipal Budget.
7. Executes the Budget of the Municipality.
8. Elects the directors of public services established by the Municipality on the basis of a public competition.
9. Regularly informs the Council on the performance of its responsibilities in accordance with the Statute.
10. Decides on administrative matters for the rights, obligations and interests of legal and natural persons, in accordance with the Law.
11. Adopts a Rulebook on the Systematization of the Jobs of the Municipal Administration.
12. Manages the Municipal Administration.
13. Decides on the employment, rights, duties and responsibilities of the municipal administration staff, unless otherwise provided by law.
14. Ensures proper and lawful use, maintenance and protection of municipal property in accordance with the Law and the Statute.
15. Performs other activities determined by law and this Statute.
The Mayor attends and participates in the work of the Council sessions, and if necessary at the sessions of the Council Committees and the special bodies of the Municipality, without the right to decide. The Mayor may also appoint his own representatives who attend and participate in the work of the Council sessions, its committees and the special bodies of the municipality.
The Mayor, on his own initiative and at the request of the Council, shall inform the Council for the performance of certain tasks within its competence.
The Mayor ensures proper and lawful use, maintenance and protection of municipal property. The Mayor manages the ownership of the Municipality in the public interest and as a good host. The Mayor is obliged, in the management of the ownership of the Municipality, to take measures and to ensure the use, maintenance and protection of the ownership of the Municipality in accordance with the Law.
The mayor cooperates with the mayors of other municipalities on issues of common concern to the municipalities.
The mayor shall by a decision appoint a member of the Council to replace him / her during his / her absence or absence. The decision referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be adopted by the Mayor within 30 days of the day of taking office. The decision referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be published in "Official Gazette of the Municipality of Kriva Palanka". On the occurrence of disability or absence, the Mayor shall inform the President of the Council and the member of the Council to replace him.
(From the Statute of the Municipality of Kriva Palanka)